Monday, January 22, 2007

Waiting. So tired of waiting.

So I am in New York now. Still. To get all the documents to be able to enter UK, I would have to get Entry Clearance from UK embassy in New York. To get that from them, you have to have the original Work Permit (HSMP - highly skilled migrant professional. hehehehehe). Instead of getting it in my hands on the 16th of January, I got it on the 18th, because the company that JPMorgan was delegating the work to are more incompetent than the JPMorgan HR staff. They send it to my UK address. WTF! After I spoke to them a couple of times and everytime I would tell them that I am in New York and they have my parent's address on file.

So because I got that permit thing on thursday, I went to the courier service that does the same day turn around for Entry clearances. Except, because UK deported me (or if you want to call it denied entry ), there is a huge X in my passport. So now the 'same day turn around' is going to be unknown amount of time because they have to do inquiries about me. What the hell? I was hoping to get out of here on the weekend and now I am in the office waiting for that email or a phone call from the visa guy telling me that everything is ready.

So right now I am in the office on 47th and park. Working here day to day waiting for this Entry clearance bullshit. Then I am leaving the next day, hopefuly.

I feel like such an illegal immigrant, who worked on the strawberry picking farm in california, and then being sent back to mexico after INS agents raided the farm baraks.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment