Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I love my Irish peeps, but ....

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Now, I love my Irish peeps. You're all really close to my cold Jewish heart. But I gotta ask you about this...

WHY IS EVERYTHING JUST GOOD ENOUGH?

I am in Dublin right now and going to be here for the 3 weeks on assignment from my company based in london. The first thing I noticed when I landed in Dublin 'international' airport was the debris on the field next to the runway and the gates. Isnt that like a hazard of some kind?

The airport is a shack. THERE ARE NO COMPUTERS ON THE CHECK IN DESK! They do everything on paper. Whats up with that? Plus you pay 7 euro's to check in your bags on RyanAir and Aerlingus? why? should that come with the price of the ticket?

The main artery into the city from the airport is always jammed because its a local road! I guess they are not expecting anyone to come to dublin.

thank god I am staying near Trinity college, which is a progressive area of dublin.

I asked for a wake up call at 4.15am, received it at 4.30.

The city bus does not give you change if you dont have exact change. It gives you a receipt to redeem it at the bus depot office. You have to spend another 1.35 to get there to get your change.

The soft drink machine in the hotel lobby I am staying at has not been filled or fixed or something in the whole 2 weeks that I have been here. It couldnt be because there is a shortage of vending machine repairmen, because ireland has one of the highest unemployment rates in europe. but thats good enough.

I left my suits at the hotel for the weekend. When I came in on sunday night at about 6pm, I asked the reception for my suits. They said that they will bring them to my room as soon as they located them in housekeeping. They didnt. I asked them at 10pm again and was told that the person at the front desk left home. Nice. I only got them on monday night. Why? Because the housekeeping department opens at 9 which is later than I need to be at the office.

Vat is 21%.

I firmly beleive that Irish had a great civilization going once. With flying cars and doors that open with the whoosh sound like on star trek and food dispensers that would eliminate hunger and poverty. Then they discovered whiskey......

PS: Guinness tastes much better. I guess that because they are going through so many barrels a week. What else is new....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment