Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Post trip to Dundee. With a broken leg.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What a difference flying on a weekday makes. My flight back from Heathrow on Virgin Aairlines on a monday was so empty that everyone on the flight migrated to the center isle seats, lifted all armrests and slept through the flight. Can you just see the whole plane full of people sleeping in on the 4-seater center isle and flight crew sleeping below deck. Its like a ghost plane - eveyone asleep, no flight attendents, the plane is on autopilot... Funny.But I do have a gripe about Virgin and their inability to bend a little bit. I arrived at Terminal 3 from the connecting flight and checked in at the connection desk for Virgin 2 hours before the flight. No problems. I did book a wheelchair for getting to the gate. I told the agents that I need to go to the restroom before I go to the gate. In Terminal 3, the bathrooms are located close to where the entrance to the gate walkway is. I thought I would go there after the bathroom visit and go to the walkway to catch a buggy from there. I found the Virgin Atlantic buggy only to find out that I have to book them (!). I had to make my way all the way to the check in desk on crutches. Pain. Once on the plane I wanted to buy a bottle of Absinth, but they were out. Crap.And now once again a bitch about American airline industry. My flight from Edinburgh to Heathrow was on British Airlines. The flight was 1 hour and it was full! During that time I was served light dinner which included the following:150 ml of wine (red or white - your choice)slice of grilled salmon served on a bed of baby spinach with light dressing served on REAL CHINA. Not plastic one. The tea or coffee was served in a REAL CUP (not plastic).And of course the desert was chocolate cheesecakeI am not even going to talk about the meal and service level on Virgin Atlantic flight. That comany is the momst consistent outperformer of my expectation of service on an airline.The British do know how to travel. What else is new.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment